Monday, October 17, 2011

Prayer Requests

I am super sleepy. When I first typed that, it came out sleppy. But I'm headed to Area Team Meetings for 3 days, and at least one of them will be solely for resting. My director, Josh Howell, is very wise - he knows that his whole staff team has been pushing themselves and not taking a break, so he gathers us in October and basically makes us take a break. I'm looking forward to it!

I'm leaving a lot of ministry behind though.
  • Could you pray for our Blinn Small Group, starting to meet Wednesday evenings instead of afternoons? If this isn't the time God wants us to gather, we want that to be clear. There's lot of spiritual interest, just not a lot of free time among students on a commuter campus.
  • I'm also leaving behind some drama going on with a leader and some core students - pray for grace, love, and the students to see situations with God's eyes.
  • Since Ben Nelson, our new staff worker, is coming with me, he won't be there to co-lead the men's Small Group. David will be helping a new student learn the ropes of co-leading.
  • Finally, I won't be here to do some much needed strengthening and resourcing of other Small Groups - 2 co-ed, LaFe (Latino), South Asian, and Greek (Pike fraternity). Pray God would give wisdom, creativity, and strength to the leaders to call members to "set the table" like family and invite others to the feast.

No comments:

Post a Comment