Thursday, September 29, 2011

A Good Way to Scare Your Husband

Read What Every Body is Saying!

At least it worked on Kyle. I kept pointing out different clues I was picking up from his and other people's body language. This bothered him for some reason...

I read the book to help me as I counsel and disciple Christian students, meet with non-Christians, and interview potential leaders. I hope it will help me tell when someone is holding something back, not so I can manipulate them, but so I may invite them to share what may be weighing on them. I hope it will also help me gauge a student's comfort level, so I can provide encouragement or wisdom. And, if they start exhibiting nervousness through their gestures, I'll know they're uncomfortable, possibly because they're telling a lie. And there's nothing quite so humbling as being caught in a lie - it can lead to repentance and transformation. I hope these new skills help me be a better servant to my students.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe we'll need to stick to phone conversations for a while... ;)

    ReplyDelete