Monday, September 26, 2011

A New Addition to my Resume

Guest Lecturer at Rice University. That's right! Friday night, I spoke at the Large Group for InterVarsity at Rice University. I drove down to Houston to share what I had learned from Luke 19:1-10, about Zacchaeus and our purpose.

Earlier that day, I engaged in some spiritual conversations with Aggies. Andrea Thomas, my chapter building coach and Associate Regional Director, drove from Austin to do ministry with me Thursday and Friday. We met with a Greek student interested in starting an InterVarsity Bible study in his frat (more on that as it develops - please pray for him!) and she brought the fun to our Core Team leadership meeting. Then 8 of us from AgIV and AAIV gathered Friday morning to pair up and ask spiritual questions to students we found on campus. Ben and Josh got to talk with a guy who was into philosophy, and was looking at Buddhism, existentialism, and nihilism. Andrea and David actually ran into some AAIV students who thought what they were doing was scary, so they did a mini-discipleship meeting. Cody and I got to pray for a single mom, and I'll hopefully be starting a GIG this week with a guy we met!

It's been a full week, especially since I was recovering from a nasty cold. But with a Blinn outreach, the new frat Small Group, a Christian artists group wanting to partner with us, 3 weeks of prayer and fasting with other Christian groups coming up, and the South Asian Small Group taking off, I am feeling God's blessings in ministry. Thanks for praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment