Saturday, February 23, 2013

Some Encouragement

I asked one of the Thrive leaders if I could share this email they got. Last January, they handed out slips with encouraging Scripture and Thrive's contact info.
Hi, I just want to share some encouragement with you guys!

One day last year, someone handed me a little pink flyer on campus and I thought, "great, another one for the recycling bin." I folded it up and stuck it in my backpack's pocket with intentions of throwing it away.

After class, I glanced down at the crinkled paper as I was looking for the nearest trash can. In bold print, I read, "Blessed is the one who preserves under trial because, after having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that The Lord has promised to those who love him." (James 1:12). It took everything I had not to break down crying right there on campus.

I saved that little pink piece of paper and it has honestly saved my life on more than one occasion. Those small words of encouragement reminded me of the bigger picture in life and what really matters, and who I owe it all to. Just now I looked at who made the little flyer, and I wanted to say THANK YOU, and to let y'all know that you ARE making a difference in the lives of others.

Keep up the good work! Thanks & gig 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment