Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Oh the Humidity!

I got to visit lots of friends in Houston this weekend. Thankfully, we got to catch up inside, because man, Houston is stinking hot. And it's not even full swing summer yet. Eek!

I met Steven '09 for Chipotle lunch, and I got to hear about Pioneer Bible Translators. He's thinking about becoming a linguist, living with a group of people who have never heard of Jesus, translating the Bible into a language we've never even heard of, and planting a church there.

Then I hung out with Prisca '09 at Starbucks, where we talked about family, church, and growing in your ethnicity and living cross-culturally.

I met Colin '07 for dinner at Thai Gourmet, where I got to know his new wife Sara better and hear about their honeymoon plans. Newlyweds are so fun! We shared pictures of recent adventures - me with the home remodel and traipsing around Europe, Colin climbing a mountain for his bachelor party, and he and Sara roughing it in Alaska on a family vacation a while back.

Rhys '08 and Rachel '09 kindly put me up for the night and fed me apple pie for dessert and oatmeal fruit crisp for breakfast. I got to hear about medical school and crazy bio lab building projects. And I got to share lots of stories about Jack, Kyle, my church, and InterVarsity.

Finally, I headed to Second Baptist Church with Sean '07 and Kathleen '07. I got to meet their sweet baby girl, eat some Sunday school potluck, and talk about being married, figuring out anger, parenting, and welcoming the 2 Chinese students who will be staying with them for 2 1/2 weeks in July.

It was an Aggie-filled weekend, one of the best kinds of weekends in my opinion. I actually asked all of them to pray and consider partnering with my ministry with InterVarsity at A&M in different ways, and everyone listened to what I said and was open to praying about it. It was really encouraging. Even if everyone decides they need to say no, I knew everyone was actually going to think about it. Thanks for praying for my fundraising this summer. God's at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment