Friday, April 8, 2011

A New Brother?

Hannah, a student leader, has been leading a GIG with a friend she's known for years. A GIG is a one-on-one meeting to study the Scriptures in a low-pressure environment, where her friend can ask as many questions as he wants. And he has been. The big question on his mind: If God is just, why isn't life fair? Why doesn't he take care of the good people? How can you really believe he's in control? And he had plenty of others. Because Hannah knows him well, she's been able to pick Scripture that she knows could help him see the truth that he struggles to believe.

He recently messaged her on Facebook:
I'm feeling really good about God right now
it really sunk into me the other day about how I'm not perfect, and how I don't have to be
and that Jesus is the path to making that ok
It made me smile really big
I figured I ought to tell you
since laboriously trying to get that through my thick skull seems to be your thing lately
He's been saying for weeks that he understands, but doesn't "get it." A few weeks ago, he told Hannah he finally gets it! We think he's either on the verge of deciding to follow Christ or he already has. He still has plenty of questions and doubts, but many of them are the same I hear from Christians. It's usually not a good idea to ask someone, "Have you decided to start following Jesus yet so I can stop evangelizing you?" So please pray for him to commit and grow close to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment