Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Talking about Truth

I'll be at Regional Staff Conference today through Friday. I'm excited to learn more about discipling students, hear what's been going on around Texas, Arkansas, and Oklahoma, and most importantly, beat the other areas at our annual Christmas party competition.

Andrea Thomas, Meg (one of the students I'm discipling), and I got to have a few spiritual conversations with non-Christians last week. Of course, we always run into a lot of Christians on campus, but that's when we switch over to "conversational discipleship" - checking to see how they're growing and praying for them. But we usually get into some great conversations with non-Christians, too. Andrea and Meg got to talk to a Taiwanese Ph.D. student who is attending church and seriously considering the gospel. Meg and I got to talk with an agnostic student who didn't want to look for or consider what truth might be - there are lots of roads, and you can't know, and people who think you can are the really awful people, and she wished they would just shut up. Her indifference was palpable. She kept talking with us, though, and she was honest, which was nice. It was beautiful to see Meg speak with such passion, and I keep feeling bolder every time I share the gospel. God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment